Monday, April 18, 2016

Farewell Ireland














Believe it or not this is my last week of classes in Ireland, which also means my last blog post! These past 12 weeks have flown by, and I’ve had the most amazing time through my travels. One assignment that we were given was to do a service-learning project. This is were you reach out to the community and try to build some lasting relationships. After looking high and low for something we could do in the small village of Spiddal, we finally found something! Hannah and I got into contact with the schools girls basketball coach and she let us help out with a few Monday practices. This was a great opportunity to hang out and get to know a few of the kids that lived in Spiddal. During the arrangement we didn’t really know what was in store for us, but when we got there, the coach let us take the reins on the practice and show the girls what we know! It was a fun activity, and after the practice we got the opportunity to sit down with the girls and really get to know them. I learned a bit of what they do in school and how they live their daily lives. I think the service-learning project was a good opportunity to get out into the community after finally finding something to do.


Overall, my time in Ireland has been one of the best experiences of my life. I am so happy that I got the opportunity to study abroad and live among a different culture for these past three months. I’ve learned so much from this country and the people I’ve spent my time with. It’s truly amazing and I would 100% recommend studying abroad to anyone that has the chance.
 Sending my love!
Regan


No comments:

Post a Comment